Monday, February 23, 2009

Alex Rodriguez and the game that used to be Baseball

I'm sure many of you know the whole debate about steroids in baseball and how badly it's damaged the sport in the last few years, so I won't go into the details. More recently however, the admission by the so called superstar Alex Rodriguez that he used, has been kind of disturbing to me. There's been all this talk about whether or not to strip his records from the books. Personally, I don't think that's a good idea. 1.) Baseball is already damaged enough from all of this kind of crap. Taking away records and stats is only going to open up a world of pain and hurt for the sport. 2.) I think the only way you are going to stop this crap is to kick them out of the league. Every time someone does drugs or gets arrested, the league just slaps them with a fine and says okay..you're free to go. That is such crap. Also, as for as the fans' view of the A-Rod situation, at first they were mad, disappointed, even sad. Now, they could care less that he did it. It's as if it never happened. Again, from the fans this time, a slap on the wrist. It's getting ridiculous. They can ban Pete Rose from the Hall of Fame for gambling, but using steroids is just a fine or a suspension. I love this sport. There's no other sport like it, but all this crap is ruining it for fans. I am looking forward to the upcoming season. I just don't want to deal with having to listen to the steroid crap anymore. Especially since they don't do anything significant to those that use or who have used in the past. So, on that note, here's to the new season and...GO RED SOX!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I'm not even a fan of baseball, but as a sports fan, I'm ready to move on.

    Whatever. Ken Griffey is with the Mariners again. It's like 1998 all over. Can't wait for Griffey Home Run Derby '10 for the PS3 and 360. Haha.

    ReplyDelete