Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscars...meh.

Okay, so I just got home from an Oscar party. All I can say is that I'm getting really tired of the Academy picking a no-name movie, regardless of what it should/should not win, to win every freaking category it gets nominated for. Really? Come on. I understand that you want to point out that it was a good movie, but it doesn't need to win for every single nomination (with the exception of one of the sound awards). I'm so disappointed that they made it so predictable after the first hour. The only good thing about the show was Hugh Jackman's hosting. His opening was awesome. I was very disappointed when they did their whole in memorandum sequence. No Heath Ledger and more importantly no George Carlin? Wow, way to applaud a classic actor/comedian. You can show Isaac Hayes but not Carlin. I can understand not showing Ledger, just for the fact that about 10 minutes before, he won his Oscar. I'm sure there are countless others that passed that were not shown as well, but this kind of annoyed me. By the way, you should have heard the whining in the room when Ledger won...funny stuff considering who else was nominated. Well I won't keep you with my rantings. I'll post tomorrow with my first all sport related post. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment