Thursday, February 12, 2009

TV is the devil!

Where to start...I'm so addicted to television shows right now it's not even funny. I find myself re-watching some shows just to recall a comment from a current episode. Take Lost for instance. I started watching Lost at the beginning of season 2 and have been watching it ever since. They are now on season 5 and I find myself going back to season 1 to clarify things. Watching the whole season all over again! Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but man does it suck you in. Other shows I find myself re-watching are Justice League, How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, and Smallville. In my defense with Smallville, I think I'm watching the old ones because the new ones suck. As far as Justice League goes, there is a shortage of awesomeness on TV right now when it comes to animation. I grew up with G.I. Joe and Transformers, even He-man. Those were awesome in their own time. More recently, the comic book cartoons have been less than amazing. In the 90's leading into the 2000's though they were great. Starting with Batman: The Animated Series. This show reinvented the comic book for TV. It was and still is the best cartoon of the genre. Using the same style and voices, the show carried over into Superman: The Animated Series and Justice League/Justice League Unlimited. No other comic book animated series even comes close to these. Hence the reason I'm watching them again. Newer shows, like Batman:The Brave and the Bold, just aren't living up to my expectations. However, the new Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon looks promising. Back to my point, I probably have been spending at least 4-6 hours a day watching TV in the last month. Straight. No wonder I'm fat. I just veg in front of my TV for hours on end. I love TV as much as the next guy but, I cannot wait until baseball season. Outdoors here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment