Friday, March 6, 2009

Watchmen...

Well, I went to the midnight showing of Watchmen last night. I gotta say that I was very disappointed. Not really for the same reasons others have mentioned, but still disappointed. The movie was way over the top. I thought some scenes were unnecessary (like the 3 sex scenes), I thought the editing was awful, some of the song choices for scenes were way too cheesy, and seeing Dr. Manhattan's junk in every scene was a tad unnecessary. A long 2 and a half hour movie that just didn't live up to the hype, in my opinion. I thought Rorschach was the only thing that made it watchable. Props to Mr. Haley. He really nailed that part. I don't know...I just was expecting it to be a great interpretation of the source material, but instead I felt cheated. The ending was lame. I thought that it was a complete cop out. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I would wait for the dvd. 

I did however get to see a new Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince trailer. Looks great. This morning I also got to see a new Star Trek trailer. Again, looks great. Hoping that with Star Trek and Wolverine opening in May I'll have better things to write about on these posts, other than complain. Until then, I don't really see anything coming out that appeals to me. Other than Taken. I still want to see how good Liam Neeson is in that flick. Well, there's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard the soundtrack is way too obvious. Also, I have also heard it's really badly paced.

    I want to see it, just to be able to talk about it. I knew from the get-go I wouldn't like a film adaptation of Watchmen. Mneh. Snyder knocks another one out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just have high expectations thanks to Dark Knight, but then again this was just not what I thought it would be. It follows the comic a little too close, you know what I mean? The script is pretty much word for word from the comic.

    ReplyDelete